Brief History of Department:
- 1952 - Biochemistry subject was started as a branch of Chemistry.
- 1954 - Biochemistry along with other science subjects was moved to Bangalore PG Centre.
- 1962 - Restarted at Manasagangotri. Degrees were awarded in the subject Chemistry.
- 1968 - Degrees were awarded in Chemistry (Biochemistry).
- 1974 - Degrees were awarded in the subject Biochemistry.
- 1975 - Semester system was introduced.
- 1980 - Shifted to its own building.
- Our M.Sc., programme is up to date
- Our course is designed for teaching, research and industry
- We give special attention to our students
- We provide free and open atmosphere
- Our evaluation is fair and impartial
- We train students in taking up competitive exam
- We follow the democratic principles even in preparing the exam time table.